Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cupcake For Breakfast

by Florence Ondré


I’m having a cupcake for breakfast
Something not usually seen
No, it’s not like granola
All oats rolling ovah
It’s pretty and makes me feel keen

I could have had muffins or danish
But this morning was waking quite strangish
'Let’s make a move bold
If a breakfast is cold’
I told my mind’s wandering scene

On travels through fridge and through pantry
I thought, 'let’s rise up like Elmer Gantry'
Resurrect old as new
Without thinking it through
Try religion none others have been’

No porridge, no eggs to be scrambled
In parade, myriad choices do ramble
Q’s, like sisters and bothers,
Who goes where with others?
Pose old menu options to preen

No, there’s no meat; no protein to speak of
Unless you are counting the milk
Or the eggs in the mixture
Which could make this a fixture
On a solo sweet breakfast serene

Yes, I’m having a cupcake for breakfast
Something not usually done
But I needed some fun
Safe nutritious begone
Get my crown folks, I feel like a queen!




No comments: