Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Gratitude Pool

T-Day behind us and gratitude for leftovers still facing us from the fridge, I'm grateful for each morsel because I don't have to cook or think about cooking -or shopping. I'm just plain grateful to have food and a fridge-period.
With far too many people in the world being without either, it is a blessing to have whatever there is on hand. Having family and good friends to share it with is the real meaning of abundance.
My mother used to tell us as kids, that we should eat everything on our plates because there were kids in Europe who were starving. I did what I was told, brussel sprouts be hanged, but never could figure out how it would help those kids overseas if I downed the green monsters on my plate here in America.
What I got way later on was that was her way of saying, "Be grateful you have something to eat."
I get it Mom. I'm grateful for what I have and, sorry folks, I still don't like brussel sprouts.

No comments: