Friday, November 10, 2006

The Great Dessert Hunt

by
Florence Ondré


On the trail of great desserts
A love a goodies never hurts
An eye for color, textures too
Will get you through a nosh or two
To find the pastries, cakes and pies
Which fill one with delighted sighs
Of Ummmm and Yumm and oh that's good
Each cookie tasting as it should
Sweet and crunchy; soft with flavor
Bite sized chocolate to savor
Marzipan, pistachio
Lemon meringue as frothed as snow
Red Velvet topped with gooed ganache
Shortbread iced with swirled panache
Mousse mango and raspberry
Tinge the palate merrily
Pumpkin cake with frost cream cheese
Drizzled caramel to please
Passion fruit on densest fudge
Fills the heart and gives the nudge
To sample further Danish fruit
And travel on quite resolute
In finding treats unique divine
Mouth watering and so sublime
Ginger Pear Tartlette
A taste no one will soon forget
Bananas Foster, S’mores Pie, Gingerbread
Cinnamon Biscotti or Orange Scones instead
Cupcakes that look like garden flowers
Reel me in with magic powers
Creme Brulees and Cheesecake slices
Life's pure pleasurable vices
Cannoli cream with citrus hints
Plates of pretty pastel mints
I'll taste them all if I am able
To share with friends at party table
Which brings me joy to see each smile
At the power dessert has to beguile
To warm, enliven, every heart
When served buffet style not ala carte
It's my job, the best to find
Someone's got to do it, I don't mind
So off I go to make my way
On the great dessert hunt this very day.

No comments: